OBoE is an on-board passenger information, localization and communication unit for trains, subways, trams and buses.
The advanced GPS receiver and multi-channel mobile modules like LTE/LTE-A and Wi-Fi allow OBoE to act as a complete data and content concentrator for the train Passenger Information System. It performs position-aware and situation-aware automatic public announcements using the available analogue or digital/ VoIP PA system, it distributes contents on video and multimedia peripherals such as internal LCD monitors, internal and external LED panels and servers for passenger on-demand services. OBoE, working as a train-to ground mobile gateway, is able to download multimedia and tracking information from a Ground System and to receive commands and play audio/ video contents from Operating Rooms. It also sends P.I.S. module diagnostics to the Ground System and provides direct access to hosts on the train LAN with configurable forwarding, thus allowing a fully flexible solution for fleet management. OBoE functions are fully compliant to TSI PRM normative.
- Cutting-edge CPU for high performance
- Accurate tracking capability with high sensitivity GPS receiver
- Wireless communication based on LTE/LTE-A and Wi-Fi technology
- Continuous Train-to-Ground link for two-way information exchange
- Redundant wired Ethernet connectivity
- Serial interfaces and additional MVB EMD interface available for local communication
- Provider of geo-localized audio & video information
- User-friendly graphical interface MMI for Train Staff operation
- Automatic software update for application and multimedia contents handling
- 24VDC/110VDC input voltage with overload current and reverse polarity protection and optional SmartUPS for safe shutdown in case of main input power failure
- Compliant with EN50155, EN50121-3-2, EN45545-2 International Railway application requirements
- Compliant with ST306158 Italian Railway (FS-Trenitalia) application requirements
- Compliant with TSI PRM normative